Tuesday, February 24, 2009

College Calling

A warm welcome to the new authors of the blog! Feel free to post anytime regarding anything. And I mean anything. Since this is a blog about life after high school. We are curious to know how life seems to be treating you post-high school. As for me, college has been treating me pretty brutally though I am gradually getting accustomed to it.

Things I despise about college:
a) The Engineering test I sat for last week was terribly difficult. Period.
b) The Chemistry test I sat for today wasn't too bad. 99% of it consisted of the SPM syllabus. Pretty soon, 1% of it would consist of the SPM syllabus.
c) The Calculus test I am going to sit for this Friday, I predict, will be unbelievably and impossibly tough because Calculus, in my opinion, is 56.84 times harder than Add Math. Or maybe I have just become a bit of a dimwit. Seriously. I kid you not.
d) Constant sleep-deprivation. My bedtime is, believe it or not, 9.30PM everyday. Or 10.30PM at the latest. Or 11PM when a test is ongoing the next day. Since I have to get up at 5.30AM everyday. Killjoy.
e) The 5-tonne textbooks which I have to carry daily. College labor, I call it.
f) The fact that the passing mark is 70%. And that is the equivalent of a C grade average. Getting straight As would mean that you are inhumanly perfect. And there are quite a number of inhuman people in my college. I am not one of them.

Things I like about college:
Nothing much, really.

Haha, just kidding.

a) I have befriended a really great bunch of people in college and am thankful for that.
b) The eateries inundating the area around college are pretty nifty. You can never run out of food choices.
c) Christian Fellowship. Best semi-official club on campus. Really.
d) The free college T-shirt in the enrollment pack. Pathetic but true fact.
e) Hygienic lavatories.
f) Being paid little attention 63.52% of the time. Awesomeness.

To my college peers, press on! Find comfort in the knowledge that you are utilizing your brain more now. And to my ex-schoolmates as well as dearly missed friends, your time of freedom will be up. Revel in it now while you can. And don't rub it in. Please.

2 comments: