Note #1: Deathly long post ahead. Note #2: If you wish to contribute in the blog, please give me your Gmail/Blogger email address via Facebook email or drop a line over at the Chatbox on the right panel of the blog. Sorry if you have actually done any of the above but received no response. As everyone knows, the blog was in the grave for a while. Note #3: This note is already incredibly long. Pardon me.
This is my feeble attempt to revive this blog which is currently buried six feet under the World Wide Web ground. It is amazing to think that half a year has already gone by since we’ve left high school. Some of us have begun college. Some of us have yet to begin college. Some of us are in the sixth form in school. Some of us have gone or are going abroad. Some of us have gone or are going to different states in the country. Some of us are working. Some of us have survived National Service. Some of us are diabolically escaping from it. (Ahem.) Some of us are toiling under the desk lamp in preparation for the examination. Some of us are rotting away during the semester break -such as, uh, me. And one thing’s for sure: All of us have moved on.
It goes without saying that the beginning of my college life was not pleasant. At all. The transition was unbearably difficult in the first few months and I had missed high school a whole ton that every single day in college seemed like a dread to me. I still do miss school now, when I reminisce about the good ol’ times spent with spectacular friends, but I don’t miss it as much anymore because I have grown to love college. And the friends in college I have come to know and trust also keep me going each day. Truly, I am very thankful that God has blessed me with the greatest friends in college because I can’t imagine befriending anyone as awesome as the friends I have now. But of course, the feeling is subjective and differs with each individual in college. I am just feeling very blessed, that is all.
But more importantly, I know that the friends I have obtained throughout my schooling years have made the greatest impact on me. Since high school has been a formative period in my adolescence, I can say with conviction that I am who I am now thanks to the people I was surrounded with during my first form right until my fifth form in school. Sadly, I know I won’t be the same a few years or even months down the road from where I am now. Because as I delve into a whole new environment with new people, I will change. But I am willing for the change to be a good one. And that I will never stop growing and learning, not only academically, but mentally, emotionally and spiritually. And physically, of course. Ha-ha.
There are moments when I daydream about being in an MGS classroom -paying attention to the teacher in front, or sleeping in plain sight, or both- surrounded by familiar friends I am comfortable with and have known for eons. But these moments are slowly vanishing. But the blissful memories I have of high school and everything that came with it -friends, teachers, uniform, tuitions, exams, canteen food, fixed schedules, school rules, daily assembly, nightmarish toilet, i-can-go-on-and-on- will forever be etched in my head. Although I am now living in the moment and embracing my college life, the life I had had as a schooling student will always be missed. College has taught me a lot about myself in a way. I realized that I don’t deal very well with change…and that I am not always as strong as I think I am…and that sometimes the most unexpected people can turn out to matter a lot in your life. And though I have moved on now, I am still looking back to the past every now and then; just to keep the memories fresh and to find undiluted joy in them.
I honestly hope that the friends I have made in high school will remain in my life for a very long time despite the separate ways many of us are taking. Keeping in touch, I have discovered, is not such an easy task. At all. I apologize for not making time to catch up with some of you when I always could but just didn’t take the effort. I hope you are all coping well with college/work/sixth form in general and make the right decisions in everything you do. I am going into my third semester of college next month and still marvel at how insanely fast time sprints. Pretty soon we’d all be graduating/working/married/all three/a combination of the three. Oy. That is a daunting prospect. But as always, every phase in life has something marvelous to offer…and after having an amazing adolescence, I am ready for what’s next.
There you go. A superbly long post for the revival of this blog. I truly hope some of you can post once in a while about how life is going for you, just to catch up indirectly and never lose touch with each other. I am only now looking forward to a high school reunion in the future, when we are no longer kids in the physique but kids at heart. Or maybe a couple of reunions prior to that, too.
P/S: I am still crazy for David Archuleta. I still love reading good books and writing nonsensical ramblings. I do not have a significant other in college, only really good friends. I am still the Yeo Jian Ju you know…with a bit of sanity removed. But just a bit. Ha-ha, just kidding.
Till…the next semester break? Aiyaya. Will post here as often as I can. Signing off now. Take care always!
This is my feeble attempt to revive this blog which is currently buried six feet under the World Wide Web ground. It is amazing to think that half a year has already gone by since we’ve left high school. Some of us have begun college. Some of us have yet to begin college. Some of us are in the sixth form in school. Some of us have gone or are going abroad. Some of us have gone or are going to different states in the country. Some of us are working. Some of us have survived National Service. Some of us are diabolically escaping from it. (Ahem.) Some of us are toiling under the desk lamp in preparation for the examination. Some of us are rotting away during the semester break -such as, uh, me. And one thing’s for sure: All of us have moved on.
It goes without saying that the beginning of my college life was not pleasant. At all. The transition was unbearably difficult in the first few months and I had missed high school a whole ton that every single day in college seemed like a dread to me. I still do miss school now, when I reminisce about the good ol’ times spent with spectacular friends, but I don’t miss it as much anymore because I have grown to love college. And the friends in college I have come to know and trust also keep me going each day. Truly, I am very thankful that God has blessed me with the greatest friends in college because I can’t imagine befriending anyone as awesome as the friends I have now. But of course, the feeling is subjective and differs with each individual in college. I am just feeling very blessed, that is all.
But more importantly, I know that the friends I have obtained throughout my schooling years have made the greatest impact on me. Since high school has been a formative period in my adolescence, I can say with conviction that I am who I am now thanks to the people I was surrounded with during my first form right until my fifth form in school. Sadly, I know I won’t be the same a few years or even months down the road from where I am now. Because as I delve into a whole new environment with new people, I will change. But I am willing for the change to be a good one. And that I will never stop growing and learning, not only academically, but mentally, emotionally and spiritually. And physically, of course. Ha-ha.
There are moments when I daydream about being in an MGS classroom -paying attention to the teacher in front, or sleeping in plain sight, or both- surrounded by familiar friends I am comfortable with and have known for eons. But these moments are slowly vanishing. But the blissful memories I have of high school and everything that came with it -friends, teachers, uniform, tuitions, exams, canteen food, fixed schedules, school rules, daily assembly, nightmarish toilet, i-can-go-on-and-on- will forever be etched in my head. Although I am now living in the moment and embracing my college life, the life I had had as a schooling student will always be missed. College has taught me a lot about myself in a way. I realized that I don’t deal very well with change…and that I am not always as strong as I think I am…and that sometimes the most unexpected people can turn out to matter a lot in your life. And though I have moved on now, I am still looking back to the past every now and then; just to keep the memories fresh and to find undiluted joy in them.
I honestly hope that the friends I have made in high school will remain in my life for a very long time despite the separate ways many of us are taking. Keeping in touch, I have discovered, is not such an easy task. At all. I apologize for not making time to catch up with some of you when I always could but just didn’t take the effort. I hope you are all coping well with college/work/sixth form in general and make the right decisions in everything you do. I am going into my third semester of college next month and still marvel at how insanely fast time sprints. Pretty soon we’d all be graduating/working/married/all three/a combination of the three. Oy. That is a daunting prospect. But as always, every phase in life has something marvelous to offer…and after having an amazing adolescence, I am ready for what’s next.
There you go. A superbly long post for the revival of this blog. I truly hope some of you can post once in a while about how life is going for you, just to catch up indirectly and never lose touch with each other. I am only now looking forward to a high school reunion in the future, when we are no longer kids in the physique but kids at heart. Or maybe a couple of reunions prior to that, too.
P/S: I am still crazy for David Archuleta. I still love reading good books and writing nonsensical ramblings. I do not have a significant other in college, only really good friends. I am still the Yeo Jian Ju you know…with a bit of sanity removed. But just a bit. Ha-ha, just kidding.
Till…the next semester break? Aiyaya. Will post here as often as I can. Signing off now. Take care always!
No comments:
Post a Comment